The ICT Helpdesk Technician (Level 2/3) will provide technical, hardware and software support to staff in relation to the Trust and BLC IT systems, specifically those that facilitate the effective delivery of Teaching & Learning across the Trust. The role will need to be flexible to provide support at multiple sites and to manage the workload ensuring the smooth and effective delivery of IT services. You will also be required to work on specific projects alongside the ICT Network Manager.
What we are looking for
We are looking to recruit a confident, highly motivated person with a sense of humour to join our dynamic IT team. We would expect the person to be professional at all times whilst delivering a first class customer service.
The successful candidate should have an IT related qualification, experience of Microsoft operating systems and technical support experience. Working knowledge of school-based software would be an advantage.
What they say about us
When we were inspected by Ofsted in April 2015, we were found to be a Good school with the Outstanding features of senior leadership, governance, work with parents and transition. Ofsted said:
• “Academy leaders, the governors, the parents’ groups, others in the community and the pupils have worked extremely hard over a long period of time to create successfully a strong ethos and sense of community in the academy. Staff and pupils are proud to be part of the academy.”
• “Achievement has risen rapidly since the start of this academic year as a result of the strong leadership and improvements in teaching.”
• “Behaviour in lessons and around the academy is good. Pupils of all ages get on well together and are safe.”
• “Progress throughout Years 1 to 5 is much improved since the start of the year, and pupils in all of these year groups achieve well.”
For further information on the role and the Campus please see the downloadable documents attached to this advert.
What you need to do if you want to join us....
1. Complete a letter of application no more than two sides of A4 in which you can tell us how your experience to date would be suitable for this post.
2. Complete the application form in full, making sure you leave no gaps in your employment history.
3. Once completed send your letter and application form to our recruitment email
Application Deadline: Midday Tuesday 5th June 2018
Interview date: TBC
The Bridge Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and the expectation is that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for the successful applicant.
It is our policy to obtain references prior to interview.
The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in
accurate spoken English is essential for the post.