The successful candidate will provide support and maintenance of the school's network, servers, software packages, computer equipment and audio / visual hardware.
Working in partnership with RM Education to facilitate the Managed Service, the ICT Technician's responsibilities will include:
- supporting staff and students in their use of ICT
- password resets, hard drive quotas, WiFi connectivity, projectors, email distribution lists, etc
- maintain, support and undertake trouble-shooting and diagnostics on servers and client devices
- undertake trouble-shooting and diagnostics on hardware devices
- work with third-party providers such as VMWare, VEEAM, SIMS and Office 365
- support the installation of new equipment ensuring the asset register is maintained
The duties outlined in the Job Description are extensive in their nature, however, it is not expected that they will be undertaken concurrently. Duties are likely to be spread throughout the course of the working week dependent upon the nature of the work reported via the School’s internal helpdesk.
Training is available both directly from RM Education and through the possibility of an apprenticeship.
You are more than welcome to contact the school to arrange for an informal visit if you would like an opportunity to see the facilities for yourself and meet some of the staff and students at the school.
I hope that having read the details from the school, and hopefully also seen the work we do here for yourself, you decide to apply for this post. If that is the case, I would like to thank you in advance for the time required for such an application and look forward to reading your letter in due course.
Applications should be by letter and application form. The closing date is Monday 15th October at 9am 2018Interviews being held Wednesday 17th October 2018.
If you wish to discuss this position, prior to submitting an application, please contact me.
Ann PriceBusiness Manager