The iLearn Centre at Hopwood Hall College is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Coach to join our successful team.
You will be responsible for facilitating online learning sessions, delivering information training sessions, participating in the day to day running of the library service, assisting in the acquisitions and administration of materials and taking an active role in promoting the iLearn Centre services and resources.
We welcome applicants who have experience in supporting teaching and learning or in a customer-focused environment. Applicants must have excellent team collaboration skills and an outgoing and friendly attitude to working with young adults. A passion for delivering high quality, engaging and challenging learning is essential.
In return we offer a unique opportunity in a hardworking College iLearn department which is continually developing in order to deliver a successful blended learning curriculum, consistently supporting and challenging the needs of its learners.
The working hours may vary on occasion dependent on the needs of the iLearn Centre and the College.
- To harness and exploit current and emerging technology-based learning to ensure positive impact and outcomes for learners
- To provide first line support to enable learners in using the college VLE and e-Learning content and to act as an advocate for the learner where technical issues are blocking their learning progress
- Provide training and support for learners in the effective use of the VLE and to be a key driver to increase the usage level of the VLE across the college
- To support learners’ development of information, research and digital literacy skills through blended e-learning activities as well as the development of training sessions and materials
- Support curriculum staff in embedding e-resources into teaching, learning and assessment activities through the VLE
- To assist learners in the effective use of technologies in the LRC including ICT equipment, software and accessibility technology
- To provide support for learners for curriculum based activities in the LRCs including independent and E-Learning activities
- Promote learner independence and self-management through the development of positive working relationships with learners
- To support learners on a group and one-to-one basis to engage and participate in their timetabled e-Learning activities
- Support learners to develop their understanding of the key learning points being delivered through their e-Learning activities
- Design and deliver user education programmes including general college inductions, LRC inductions and topic specific workshops at the request of curriculum staff
- To provide first line support for learners in locating and using curriculum resources including e-resources, internet based research and traditional sources of information
- To monitor learner engagement with e-Learning and usage levels of the VLE and to feed back to curriculum departments
- To monitor and maintain records on attendance and behaviour and to support the reporting process to curriculum departments
- Network effectively with curriculum staff to familiarise self with e-Learning content and use knowledge to support learners to progress through their learning content
- To work with key college staff (curriculum staff, SSTs, e-Learning Development Team) to communicate any key issues/barriers which impact negatively on the learners’ experience of e-Learning
- Liaise with curriculum staff to develop a proactive and responsive service to meet the subject resource needs of the department
- To contribute to the delivery of an efficient and effective LRC service to support the teaching and learning activities of the college
- Contribute to the effective day to day running of the college LRCs creating a welcoming environment with high standards of customer care
- Maintain a productive and purposeful learning environment through the application of the learner Code of Conduct and in line with the college’s disciplinary procedure
- Undertake general LRC administration roles including the maintenance of the LMS and stock management
- A willingness to undertake any other duties appropriate to the nature and scale of the post
SALARY SCALE: £7,470.16 per annum
HOURS OF DUTY: 14 hours per week, permanent
CLOSING DATE: 19th November 2018, 23:59pm