Inclusion and Welfare Manager
Required for: September 2018
(Earlier start if possible)
Closing Date: Monday 21st May
Salary: Main-scale or UPS + TLR 2b
(Depending on experience)
Shortlist: Tuesday 22nd May
Interviews: 24th and 25th May
Are you an outstanding teacher with proven experience of supporting SEN children? Could you champion inclusion in our school and provide leadership to ensure our SEND children make excellent progress in academic attainment?
Pakeman is a happy, flourishing and aspirational school with strong leadership and a purposeful outlook, striving for excellence. We strongly believe that it’s not about where you come from but what you can achieve that makes the difference between success and failure. We know that pupils learn more effectively if they feel valued, happy and secure and we have established a caring, positive environment in which individuals can flourish.
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Inclusion Manager to work across the school. This role will lead, develop and support effective practice for children with a wide range of special educational needs or disabilities to ensure their needs are met effectively and to empower them to fulfil their potential.
· Be an excellent teacher able to work across the primary range
- Have energy, enthusiasm, a sense of humour and a warm personality
· Have experience of working with pupils with a range of different abilities and needs – (SEND, LAC, Pupil Premium, EAL, More Able) and a proven track record of successful impact
· Have a clear, up to date and thorough knowledge of the new SEND Code of Practice, safeguarding and equalities issues
· Hold the National Award for SENCOs (desirable) or be working towards it
· Be a dynamic, innovative leader, able to develop the strategic direction and development of SEND provision, including contributing to policies and procedures to support this
- Have the ability to lead staff in developing their knowledge and expertise in working with a wide range of special educational needs
- Be highly organised, energetic and passionate about making the school a centre of excellence
- Be a dedicated professional who is committed to building on existing partnerships between parents, governors, other schools and the external agencies
This post is mainly non-class based but will include some whole class, small group and individual teaching.
We can offer you:
· A happy, positive, vibrant working environment
· Excellent opportunities for professional development
· Talented, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement
· Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who want to learn
· The opportunity to help shape the future of our school
Please return all application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Pakeman Primary School, Hornsey Road, London, N7 6DU.
Pakeman Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS (CRB) disclosure. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.