Inclusion Support Worker
- Our SEN Team here at Vision for Education specialises in the re-engagement of students who have been excluded from school or who are out of education.
- We are currently assisting an extremely challenging provision in Wakefield in their search to find an Inclusion Support Worker for a student on a 1:1 basis who presents SEMH. This is a February 2018 start on an initial long term temporary basis through Vision for Education
- The pay for this role is £70 - £80 (per day)
- Similar experience in a school or community based setting is required
- This is a 5 – 19 provision with children of all needs, SEMH, Autism and various other difficulties. Student’s difficulties vary from Speech, Language or communication needs and moderate learning difficulties.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to use your skills and expertise to help young people to become successful at learning, confident as individuals and to live productive and responsible lives.
- · To work 1:1 with a KS3/4 student who demonstrates challenging behaviour.
- · To facilitate a safe and positive learning environment and de-escalate any threatening or aggressive behaviour.
- · To mentor and engage with the student, delivering specifically designed educational packages.
- · To work alongside the classroom teacher
Requirements - The successful candidate must:
- · Be patient, engaging, inspiring, creative, consistent, and calm when under pressure.
- · Have a non-judgemental approach and be adaptable to situations that could arise.
- We require someone who enjoys the immensely rewarding work or inspiring students who are emotionally and/or socially challenged and who has the ability to establish positive learning experiences through intuitive and creative learning.
Please contact Chloe on 01484 642892 or please send your CV to email@example.com if you are interested in this position or to apply