Inclusion support worker - Wakefield
- Needed in the Wakefield area for an immediate start through Vision for Education supply and recruitment agency
- Full time and part time roles available (supply work) with the view to go on permanent for the right candidate
- Vision for education are working with clients in the area who continuously require support workers for day to day, short/long term and permanent roles.
- Experience and the ability to demonstrate skills will be vital to your success.
- £70- £85 (per day)
Establishing constructive relationships with both 1:1 as wells as the rest of the class/school students.
Following the positive behaviour plan for the 1:1 student.
Support the class teacher and all other support staff, to maintain a positive work environment.
Develop a clear understanding of the specific needs of the 1:1 pupil.
To look after the child's physical, emotional, mental and social welfare.
Recognising signs of distress, offering reassurance and de-escalation to best of your ability.
To maintain a record and provide regular feedback about the 1:1 pupil to the teachers and/or SENCO in order to best track pupil progress.
Assist the school in communicating with parent and carers using appropriate approach.
To support all learners in their curriculum studies and throughout the day.
- Team teach training is ideal (training will be provided in the holidays if not FREE OF CHARGE BY VISION)
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to and passion for working with vulnerable children
- Ability to build respectful relationships with children
- Experience working in SEND setting/ youth work/sports coaching/community work
- The ability to manage confrontation and challenging behaviour
- Able to work with learners with various learning difficulties e.g. ADHD or dyslexia
- Flexibility in approach to educating and supporting children
Why Vision for education:
Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism
Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370.
Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
£50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
Please contact our friendly and helpful SEND team in Huddersfield today for more information on this role on 01484 642928 or firstname.lastname@example.org- you must have relevant experience working with children, young people or adults in the past few years.