In September 2018 Ethos Academy Trust brought together three exceptional alternative provisions in Kirklees into one new organisation. An exciting opportunity has arisen at Engage (KS1 & 2) and Reach Academies (KS3) and Ethos College (KS4) where we are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, solution focused and passionate Inclusion Workers who are dedicated to helping our pupils reach their full potential.
Ethos Academy Trust are seeking to appoint enthusiastic, hard-working Inclusion Workers in all three settings to help continue to develop our provisions by:
- Supporting the academic and social, emotional and mental health (SEMH) needs of pupils from across Kirklees, with a focus on all Key Stages. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate their experience and
- Working flexibly to support the diverse and complex needs of young people and their families;
- Taking responsibility for their own professional development;
- Assisting the delivery of lessons on a group/classroom basis to SEMH needs pupils across the age ranges 4 to 16.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of successfully engaging vulnerable children and their families and the ability to work imaginatively with parent(s)/carer(s), teaching/support staff in schools and colleagues in other agencies and provisions.
The role will involve supporting the development of learners’ essential skills and emotional resilience in a stimulating and supportive environment. The role will involve supporting pupils across the key stages with a particular focus on the delivery of sessions to pupils within all Key Stages. The successful candidate will work in line with the SEN Code of Practice and have the ability to motivate and inspire young people experiencing social, emotional and mental or physical health difficulties. The role will mainly involve assisting the delivery of lessons to students with social, emotional and mental health needs in a group basis.
Applicants must be able to evidence:
- Experience of working in school settings;
- Recent experience of meeting the needs of vulnerable children with social, emotional and mental health needs;
- The ability to support colleagues in developing the capacity to implement and maintain strategies to support children's emotional health and wellbeing and enable them to succeed in school;
- Their experience of and the ability to deliver effective support programmes and specific interventions in terms of outcomes for children;
- A broad range of professional development and training which contribute directly to their ability to carry out the role.
Essential qualities for all applicants include:
- The ability to support pupils in Key Stages one, two, three and four to achieve core curriculum progress;
- The ability to work imaginatively to engage children and families;
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to maintain accurate written records;
- The ability to be understanding, responsive, calm and supportive;
- Energy, patience, initiative and enthusiasm;
- A commitment to inclusive practices;
- A commitment to working in partnership with parents, school staff and outside agencies;
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team, lead by example and develop the professional skills of colleagues;
- The ability to work independently.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process. A full driving licence is essential for this role.
If you require further information about the role or an informal chat, please contact:
Engage Academy- Hannah Lord Deputy Head teacher on 01924 476449
Reach Academy-Phil Ringsell Assistant Head teacher on 01924 478482
Ethos College- Diane Dunn Inclusion Manager on 01924 469170 or you can visit the Academy website at http://www.eat.uk.com
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will be required.
Visits are encouraged and can be arranged by calling Engage Academy on 01924 476449, Reach Academy on 01924 478482 and Ethos College on 01924 469170.
To apply for this job please click here. You can download and complete the application form attached.
Closing Date: Friday 16th November 2018.
Applications can be sent electronically to the following email address: email@example.com and need to which Key Stage setting you would prefer to work in.
Provisional date for interviews is Friday 23rd November 2018.