St Peter’s and St Joseph’s Primary Schools - PORT MACQUARIE
Diocese of Lismore
Applications are sought for the following position:
INDIGENOUS EDUCATION WORKER
Temporary / Part time – total 14 hours per week for the 2019 school year
• 10 hours per week over 2 days at St Peter’s
• 4 hours over 1 day at St Joseph’s
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation;
- Working with students;
- Assistance with playground duties;
- Leading Cultural Group Experience with students;
- Liaising with parents and local community organisations.
- Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (must provide proof)
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
SELECTION CRITERIA WILL FOCUS ON:
- An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to lead cultural groups
- Knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn
- Sound ICT competency
- Preparedness to work with small groups of children
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Interested applicants should apply by emailing their application to:
The Principal - St Peter’s Primary School Port Macquarie
Applications must be received by Friday 23rd November 2018.
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website