St Joseph’s Regional College is situated on the beautiful Mid North Coast of NSW. Our College aims to provide a learning and teaching model for 1000 students of striving for excellence, your personal best. As a Catholic school we support our students with a Pastoral Care structure and well-being programs.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the following position:
INDIGENOUS EDUCATION WORKER
Part Time Temporary (30 hours per week) for the 2020 school year
Duties will include:
● General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
● Working with students
● Assistance with playground duties
● Assisting with Cultural Group Experiences as required
● Liaising with parents and local community organisations
● Must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (Applicants are to provide certification of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander Identity)
● Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
Selection Criteria will focus on:
● An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
● Ability to work as a member of a team
● Sound literacy and numeracy skills
● Ability to lead cultural groups
● Knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn.
● Sound ICT competency
● Preparedness to work with small groups of children
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging all students to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Applications should include complete resume and at least three referees including a current employer and Parish Priest or Pastor from their local place of worship.
Written applications should be emailed to:
Mr Jim Dempsey
Principal – St Joseph’s Regional College
Applications to be received by 9.00am Monday 18th November 2019
Child protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
St Joseph’s Regional College is part of the Diocese of Lismore and one of the St Agnes’ Parish Secondary Schools.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore Diocese is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/