Applications are invited from suitably qualified teachers for the following position:
Indigenous Education Worker
(Part Time Temporary position 10 hours - over 2 days)
Duties will include:
- General teacher assistance, organisation and resource preparation
- Working with students
- Assistance with playground duties
- Liaising with parents and local community organisations
- ideally must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander decent (must provide proof)
- Must hold a current Working with Children Check clearance
Selection Criteria will focus on:
- An understanding of and commitment to Catholic ethos and values
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of the ways students learn
- Sound ICT competency
- Preparedness to work with small groups of children
The Indigenous Education Worker will also act as a role model for students by encouraging them to take pride in all aspects of their schooling.
Please nominate three (3) referees, one of whom is the Parish Priest from your usual place of worship.
Interested applicants should apply in writing to:
The Principal St James’ Primary School
Lot 1, Carrs Drive,
Yamba NSW 2464
Ph: (02) 6646 3266; Fax: (02) 6646 3215
Applications to be received by 3.00 pm, Monday 22 October 2018.
Child Protection legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening. An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Information on how to Register for Employment in the Lismore is available on the Catholic Schools Office website http://www.lism.catholic.edu.au/employment/employment-information/