Imagine schools with a variety of educational pathways where the skills of achievement, such as literacy, critical thinking, numeracy, discipline and work ethic are taught alongside the skills of wellbeing, such as confidence, contentment, kindness, gratitude, health, and love. Welcome to Fortes Education, Dubai. We have been delivering high quality education provision to young people for over two decades.
Our Positive Education schools foster active engagement in learning and activities. We celebrate positive emotions and accomplishments, encourage students to cultivate fulfilling relationships with others and to seek meaning and purpose in their own lives.
Judged by the Dubai School Inspection Bureau (DSIB) as a ‘Very Good’ School in our 3rd year of operation, we set high standards and expectations for each pupil in academics and in co-curricular participation. Our high-impact learning programme lays a strong foundation that develops each pupil’s multiple intelligences through a broad range of activities in and out of the classroom. Our commitment is to provide a premium world-class “positive” education, which empowers our pupils to become innovative thinkers, socially confident life-long learners, having growth mindsets and character strengths, to flourish in an ever -changing world.
We present an exciting opportunity to join our all through school and to play an important part in our journey to “outstanding”. Sunmarke School, Dubai is one of our flag-ship schools, located at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle. Sunmarke offers a fantastic range of pathways for students including the NCE, GCSE/IGCSE, ‘A’ Levels, BTEC and the IB Diploma and Career Related Programmes.
Due to our continued growth, we seek to appoint Individual Needs Support Assistants (HLTAs) to join our team in September 2021.
The role involves small group and 1:1 learning support for literacy, mathematics, motor skills, and/or language. The Individual Needs Support Assistant will support the teachers in enhancing the effective involvement of pupils with SEND and/or learning barriers in their academic and social development.
• Plan and implement activities to support the IAP targets, follow structured literacy intervention programmes, and report professionally on the student's progress and outcomes when communicating with parents and teachers.
• Provide in-class support in lessons, to facilitate successful access to differentiated learning,
• Work alongside teachers and other staff to support pupils’ learning, especially those with SEND or a learning barrier.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
• Provide feedback to pupils in relation to their progress and achievement, under the guidance of teachers.
• Monitor, maintain & review records of pupil progress over time and support teachers to plan subsequent learning based on their needs.
• Maintaining the learning environment and developing appropriate resources for students.
• Apply strategies to promote pupils’ self-esteem, self-confidence, and independence
• Work as part of the Inclusion Team, accessing relevant training and attending parent review meetings where necessary.
• Candidate should have a GCSE in English, or equivalent, and be a proficient communicator in spoken and written English.
• Should have a relevant qualification and/or proof of completed trainings in education, special educational needs, and/or teaching English as a foreign language.
• Prior experience in working in a support role in a school setting.
• Working hours are from 7 am - 4 pm.
• Strong work ethic along with a commitment to staff and student privacy.
• Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of inclusive pedagogies will be an advantage
• Knowledge of SEND will be an advantage
• This is a local contract with no additional benefits other than all school holidays as per the academic calendar. Candidates applying for this position MUST be sponsored by their spouse/parent
Candidates are invited to complete our Online Application by visiting: http://forteseducation.com/Careers/Current-Openings
Interviews will take place either face to face in Dubai or by video conferencing if the applicant is not based in Dubai.
Appointment Start Date: September 2021
Fortes Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders in regulated activity are subject to appropriate vetting procedures including a satisfactory International Child Protection Certificate, plus resident country Police checks.
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Sunmarke School is our new state-of-the-art flag-ship school having an overall capacity of ~ 3,000 students. Situated at a prime location in Jumeirah Village Triangle, Sunmarke will open its doors in September 2016, and will welcome students fr...