We are looking to appoint an experienced Infrastructure Security Manager to join our Central Team.
The Harris Federation is a leading education charity with 51 Harris primary and secondary academies across London and Essex. The founder, Chairman and sponsor of the Harris Federation, Lord Harris of Peckham, opened our first school in 1990. We now educate some 38,000 young people and closing the gap between children from disadvantaged backgrounds and their peers has always been a core mission.
Our central team comprises a dedicated, driven group of departments working centrally to provide support across the Federation and all of our academies. Across a multitude of key departments, we maintain an outstanding body of staff all integral to supporting central and academy finance, HR, Data, Estates management, Talent and many more. We look for dedicated experts in their fields to support the . If you are a committed leader in your role and would like to join the administration and operational development of a highly successful multi-academy trust, then this may be the opportunity for you.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As the Information Security Manager, you will be responsible for devising, evolving and monitoring the design, delivery and embedding of the information and data security aspects of IT Security and Data Protection Strategies.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to define and implement an organisation wide infrastructure security strategy including information protection and application security strategy, to help ensure Harris Federation policies and standards are met.
- First point of contact for all IT security escalations and breaches
- Coordinate with the Infrastructure Team, Service Management and IT technicians to ensure that any security incidents are managed in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage the day-to-day infrastructure security processes operated by the Harris Federation IT Team.
- Be responsible for and continuously develop and monitor processes for vulnerability management and network security (firewall management, NAC, network intrusion detection, email security, endpoint and server protection and backups etc.)
- Stay abreast of current future security risks and adapt mitigations and controls accordingly for Threat Intelligence & Trends.
- Track and report on risk metrics and remediation activity for vulnerability management and network security, information protection and application security to help ensure that senior stakeholders within Harris Federation are aware of key vulnerabilities and risks within the organisation.
- Effectively analyse breaches, incidents, internal and external audit, compliance monitoring and other review findings to determine Information Security and Cyber risk implications.
- An understanding of security architecture with the ability to advise key stakeholders on both future and end of life (EOL) dates for critical network security devices.
Incident, Request and Problem Management
- To provide high-quality technical support, advice and guidance all Harris Federation personnel.
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are logged appropriately on the Service Management system.
- Maintain regular communications with the appropriate local staff until Incident resolution.
- Monitor progress of all Incidents and Service in your care, against Service Level targets and respond promptly to customer requests for updates or resolution, as appropriate.
- Act as a project team member on other projects run by other members of the Group ICT team.
- Assist with the population of articles in the SCSM Knowledge Base.
- Ensure that support is carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably considered to be within the grade and remit of the post.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware
Qualifications & Experience
- A minimum of three years of experience of carrying out a similar role
- Proven track record in working to strict timescales and of working with staff at all levels;
- Experience of working in an on-site IT based Customer Service
- Detailed knowledge of a wide range of Microsoft products (Server, Desktop, System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory and Group Policy Objects),
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, Azure and cloud environments
- Detailed knowledge of backup and recovery tools such as Microsoft Data Protection Manager
- Knowledge of Wide Area Networks and Local Area Networks
- Cisco Firewalls
- Detailed knowledge of different cyber technologies across Infrastructure protection & Application Security.
- Experience of using a Network Scanning Tools such as AppCheck and Wireshark and with the output be able to produce reports to various stakeholders identifying any software that requires patching.
- Experience in a compliance environment where input remediates various IT Security related controls with the ability to audit, make recommendations and drive the remediation process.
- Experience creating and maintaining documentation and policies
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
- English secondary schools
The Harris Federation is a not-for-profit educational charity with almost 25 years of education experience in and around London. Our primary, secondary, all-through and sixth form academies have an international reputation for delivering a step chang...