We are looking for a talented science teacher who is a highly motivated middle leader and seeking a leadership post within supportive, yet challenging, academy that can offer a future pathway to senior leadership.
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best. We have now reached our full capacity of 750 students across Years 7 to 11 and we work in partnership with Harris Federation Post 16. In 2017, we achieved a Progress 8 score of +0.76, which places us in the top 5% of schools nationally.
As Innovation Leader for Science, you will be a passionate scientist who can lead the Department and help drive Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich towards excellence. Our Innovation Leaders are highly regarded within the academy and specialists within their field, but also hold whole school responsibilities working collaboratively with departments across the academy. At Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich, our Innovation Leaders hold similar responsibilities to a Lead Practitioner so would suit existing Lead Practitioners, or potentially, an aspiring lead practitioner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to lead an established and successful Science department at a thriving academy where you will have excellent opportunities to engage in academy improvement and professional development activities across the wider Harris Federation.
You should be an outstanding classroom practitioner who is passionate about their subject, and who has achieved good and consistent results within a Science Department. You must be an experienced teacher with QTS (or equivalent) and a relevant undergraduate degree. We are looking for someone with drive, ambition and who strives to achieve success in raising standards and in innovation.
For a full job description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link.
- To assist Director of Science in providing leadership, innovation and direction in Learning and Teaching and Cross-Curricular Science.
- To support the Science department and be fully accountable for the results
- To assist the Director of Science in supporting all staff within the Department to deliveri our vision of an outstanding, inclusive Academy with the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Pupil Progress.
- To develop a safe, secure and healthy environment within the Department to enable staff and students to enjoy Learning.
- To collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team in the implementation and delivery of the Academy’s specialisms by developing a powerful cross curricular and extra curricular Sports & Enterprise ethos that builds motivation and commitment to learning.
Why work at Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich?
- A school in the top 5% in England and Wales, and the number seven boys' comprehensive school, for student progress
- Judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted, we combine the traditional values of discipline, respect and good behaviour with contemporary best practice in teaching, learning and technology
- Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits
For more information, please contact the school on 020 8299 5300 or email@example.com.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.