- Grade: MPR/UPR (Inner London)
- Salary: SEN Allowance + Recruitment & Retention
- Hours: Full Time but part time considered
The Bethlem and Maudsley is an OFSTED outstanding Hospital School with sites in Beckenham (Bethlem) and Denmark Hill (Maudsley). We work with pupils aged 4 – 19 who are patients of the Bethlem and Maudsley psychiatric hospitals. The pupils come from local, regional, national areas and beyond. We support pupils continued learning and their successful reintegration. We complement the hospitals’ focus on recovery by seeking to minimise the future impact of admission.
You will be required to work at both the Bethlem and Maudsley sites of the school, but primarily based at the Maudsley site of the school in the Intensive Treatment Programme (ITP). The ITP is a highly successful service which provides treatment for pupils with eating disorders.
You would be responsible for teaching mostly KS3, KS4 and KS5 English but the flexibility to teach additional subjects is also required. We require an inspirational teacher who:
- is passionate about learning and teaching pupils;
- can motivate and lead pupils in learning;
- has proven good teaching across the curriculum; • has experience of helping pupils overcome barriers to learning;
- is committed to working in partnership with students, parents, staff and other professionals;
- can work well in a team and show initiative;
- will prepare pupils to reintegrate back to mainstream education;
- has experience of teaching either in a mainstream or special school.
We can offer you:
- engaging work alongside a hardworking, professional and dedicated team;
- opportunities to work in a unique hospital setting;
- opportunities for personal and professional development.
Informal discussion: Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone John Ivens, Headteacher or Maarten Crommelin, Deputy Headteacher, on 0208 777 1897 for an informal discussion about the post.
Visits to the school on Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at 4.30pm. Please email to register your interest and for further information.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th January 2018 at 12 noon.
Please send completed applications to The Bethlem and Maudsley Hospital School, Monks Orchard Road, Beckenham, Kent, BR3 3BX and mark for the attention of John Ivens,
or alternatively, email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview date: Tuesday 6th February 2018 This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Our recruitment processes follow the guidance in the DfE document Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education. All staff will be required to undertake an Enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer.