£18,840 - £22,508 pro rata (depending on qualifications)
Would you like to pass your practical skills on to the next generation? Here's your opportunity......
The College is seeking a highly motivated individual to deliver estate skills training to a range of Animal Management students, as well as lead construction/landscaping projects such as animal enclosures and habitat work at the Animal Management Centre. The post holder will also have responsibility for a workshop and contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of existing AMC grounds, equipment and structures.
We welcome applicants who have general construction, fencing, landscaping and habitat skills and background, and who have some supervisory or instructing experience. A qualification in a relevant subject at National Diploma level or higher is desirable.
Training towards a teaching qualification can be provided in-house.
The full time equivalent salary for this role is £18,840 - £22,508 per annum. With the contractual hours of 15 hours per week, the actual salary range including holiday pay is £7,637 - £9,124 per annum.
This position is for 15 hours per week. Please outline your preferred working pattern in your personal statement.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 16 September 2019
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas. (pro-rated for part-time staff)
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider