Professional Development Centre, Norwich
29 hours per week
Norfolk Music Service sits within Educator Solutions, a not-for-profit trading enterprise, wholly owned by Norfolk County Council. The Music Service acts as the lead organisation for Norfolk Music Education Hub, a partnership of over 100 organisations, coming together to provide the best possible music education for the children and young people of Norfolk. Since the change in leadership of the organisation in September 2016, there has been a real appetite for increased partnership working which has created opportunities for development of the core offer and scope for expansion of the types of activities we present. The Music Service needs to continue to facilitate high quality teaching and learning and demonstrate excellent value for money whilst improving upon the breadth of offer and forging lasting relationships with schools, partners and stakeholders.
A vacancy has recently arisen in our team for an Instrumental Teacher, although this vacancy may also be considered as a job share where more than one candidate satisfies the key criteria of the post. We are particularly interested in interviewing candidates who have experience in the following disciplines:
- Whole Class Instrumental Tuition
- Strings (Upper and Lower)
- World Music
- Percussion (Orchestral and Drum Kit)
- Curriculum Music
Under the direction of an Area Manager the main purpose of post is:
- To plan, organise and deliver high quality music in Norfolk schools and other educational settings
- To teach pupils in groups, whole classes and individually as required
- To contribute to the work of the Music Service in accordance with the broad policies and practices of Music Education in Norfolk.
To be shortlisted for interview your application will clearly evidence:
- Substantial current music education experience in school settings
- Clear knowledge and understanding of current music education issues
- Proven experience as a musician with a high level of proficiency on your first instrument
- A commitment to raising the standards of teaching and learning
For an informal discussion regarding this vacancy please contact Alison Corfield, Head of Music Service on email@example.com
For further details and to apply www.norfolk.gov.uk/jobsandcareers
Please quote job reference: 29727 CHHE
Closing date: 5 April 2018
Norfolk County Council welcomes applicants irrespective of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We are committed to supporting flexible working practices for our employees.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.