Position: Instrumental Music Tutor - Guitar
Commencing Date: Term 1, 2022
Classification: Term Time, 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Hours: 2 Days a week
Salary Range: $37.22 - $45.31 per hour pending experience
Closing Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan was established in 1979 and has as its foundational story the well-known "Journey to Emmaus" from the Gospel of Luke. The theme of "journey" is one that is embraced by the college and is a fine metaphor for portraying the growth that all people experience in developing their spirituality, intellect, physical and social capabilities and wisdom. Although the college is relatively young, it has an enviable reputation for providing an education which results in graduates who are well rounded young people. Academic excellence is sought and achieved, yet there is a broad education provided so that all who seek our values find a suitable pathway to attaining their goals.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
Ryan Catholic College, Kirwan, is seeking an experienced Instrumental Music Tutor - Guitar for two days per week. This position is a Term Time, Fixed Term Contract.
The primary purpose of the Instrumental Music Tutor position is to provide instrumental tutoring and enable students to achieve standards of performance on their chosen instrument/s at a level commensurate with their skills.
It is expected that the Instrumental Music Tutor will be a passionate advocate of music education and the music program within the college community. Instrumental tutors through their pedagogical practice, co-curricular and academic curricular involvement will uphold the strategic direction and vision of TCE and the College Leadership Team.
It is a requirement of this role that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
The key accountabilities are as follows but not limited to, and may vary based on classroom and students' support needs.
- Provide instrumental tutoring in areas of expertise with skill, care and diligence
- Carry out tutoring duties as required by the Program Leader – Instrumental Music 4-12
- Actively contribute to a positive learning culture for students engaged in the Music Program
- Maintain records of development as they pertain to student progress, and share these records with the Program Leader – Instrumental Music 4-12
Contribution to the Instrumental Music Program
- Responsibility for maintaining accurate lesson attendance records, and reporting on student absenteeism
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with parents, teachers and students
- Submitting reports at the end of each term
- Prepare for Music Performances at the college in collaboration with other Music Program staff and the Program Leader
- Promote the Music Program and its role within the college
- Support collegiate learning by sharing learnings with colleagues
- Proactively seek opportunities to extend own professional learning via internal and external training
- Experience in tutoring an instrument/s in a school/college setting
- Demonstrated expertise in instrumental teaching and enthusiasm for teaching
- Demonstrated competence and confidence in using a personal computer and relevant software packages e.g. Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Organisational planning and coordination skills including the ability to manage demanding or competing deadlines
- Professional presentation skills with the ability to proactively engage and enthuse both students, parents and other colleagues
- Understanding of, and/or interest in the development and continued progress of music education within the college
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work collaboratively with all members of the college community and to communicate with a wide range of individuals including students, parents, teachers and consulting professionals
- Discretion and an ability to maintain confidentiality
For more information, please refer to the Position Description.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary Range: $37.22 - $45.31 per hour pending experience
- Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Access to salary packaging options to maximise employee benefits and salary
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Access to additional Employer Superannuation Contributions
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Access to corporate health schemes
- Induction processes and professional learning programs
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Leadership development opportunities
- Wellbeing programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email) of at least two professional referees
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 12 December 2021.
View other vacancies here.