Are you eager to make a difference in people’s lives?
Do you enjoy inspiring children and helping adults reach their dreams?
Are you driven to help others succeed?
If so, please, read on.
We are Music Zone, part of the RAK Academy Family Of Schools and a government-owned Music School in Ras Al Khaimah.
We are seeking professional instrument teachers with full music degrees, Trinity and ABRSM exam experience and more than 2 years of teaching experience. However, inexperienced teachers with exceptional personality and expertise are welcome to apply.
Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, Ras Al Khaimah boasts outstanding tourism facilities and a breath-taking natural and man-made landscape that encompasses lush greenery, high mountains, and sprawling sand beaches.
Music Zone is on a mission to inspire students to greatness… in music and in life. We exist to shape the next generation of musicians and to grow a passionate community dedicated to enriching lives through music performance.
We are a new music school, opening in 2020. Which means, the following traits are essential:
- Willingness to work in through potentially unstable periods
- Interest in playing an active role in the development of the school.
In shaping the next generation of musicians; highly energetic, exhausting, compassionate, even-tempered and, long-term work will be required from you. And, if successful, the reward of pride and fulfilment is guaranteed.
Are you organised with your time? Are you consistent and reliable? Are you purposeful and methodical in your work? Are you patient and able to delay gratification? Are you driven to create something great as part of a team? Are you a visionary and confident individual with an innate ability to create?
And, above all, do you believe that the highest thing a person can do with their life is to use it in the service of others?
If so, please, get in touch, we’d like to meet you.
You will teach children and adults all about music and how to play their instruments in one on one or small group settings. You will meet with them every week, keep records of their achievements and develop their abilities through goal-based education; performances, graded exams, recordings etc.. You will be an asset to the school and a positive role model at all times.
- Instructional delivery
- Classroom management
- Formative assessment
- Personal competencies (soft skills)
- Music performance
- Motivate and inspire students and encourage a love for learning
- Ensure lessons are engaging, fun and adequately challenging
- Shape the next generation of musicians through a well planned, methodical approach
- Establishing high but achievable expectations
- Teach the proper techniques and design technical exercises
- Teaching students to read music
- Prepare students for performances and/or exams
- Maintain a safe, clean and effective classroom at all times
- Communicate with parents in a clear and meaningful way in a timely manner
- Report any issues and concerns to the manager
- Partner with the manager
- Uphold the highest standard for yourself and your students
- Having a positive regard for students
- Maintain adequate student records
- Administer reports where required
- Remain current with trends and issues in both music and education
- Continuous professional development
Additional responsibilities will be detailed in the Job Description.
- 2 years relevant teaching experience
- International work experience
- Experience working as a professional musician is highly desirable
- Music Degree is essential
- Grade 8 on first instrument
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- Specialism on a second instrument is highly desirable
- Arabic speaking and writing skills are highly desirable
- Trinity and ABRSM UK exam syllabus
- Child's developmental phases
- Classical Music and Rock and Pop Music specialism is highly desirable
- Cultural sensitivity
Note: RAK Academy Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone child protection screening and any offer of appointment will be subject to the above checks.