Temporary contract for 6 months initially, full time, all year round
Lighthouse Schools Partnership is a Multi-Academy Trust. There are currently ten schools in the Trust but this is a rapidly changing dynamic as the trust has embarked upon an exciting period of significant growth. The Trust is cross-phase and includes Infant, Junior, Primary and Secondary schools. Lighthouse Schools Partnership (LSP) is a mixed Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) and includes both non-denominational and Church of England schools.
LSP are looking for an experienced Head of HR who can act as a professional interim consultant, to focus on growth and transformational change projects to support the Trust. Reporting to the Chief Financial & Operating Officer(CFOO), you will be responsible for leading the TUPE projects for incoming schools, organisational development and design projects, strategic direction, and ER risk management. The purpose is to support the Trust and lead on getting its HR strategy ‘fit for purpose’ for the future.
- The primary purpose is to business partner the Chief Executive and CFOO, to identify and help to develop short, medium and long term HR growth plans and business strategies in order to achieve agreed Trust objectives;
- To develop effective and comprehensive HR policies and procedures for the trust;
- To Production of a toolkit of HR materials to help hubs and schools to manage their HR requirements with additional support where necessary;
- To lead and support the TUPE in transfer projects and act as ambassador for the Trust to support incoming schools;
- To develop attraction, engagement, reward, recognition and employee development strategies for the wider Leadership team.
To be considered for this role you should be a skilled, entrepreneurial and qualified HR professional who relishes autonomy, challenge and the demands of a rapid growth environment. You will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of success in delivering projects against time and budget plans as well as having the gravitas and people skills to influence a diverse team across a number of sites. You must be a self-starter, skilled at working at Board level and have the ability to influence, persuade and critique.
- Educated to degree level and professionally qualified (CMCIPD as a minimum);
- Significant post qualification experience working at Senior/Board level;
- Experience of strategic leadership and business planning in a diverse business;
- Proven track record of managing change, delivering results and meeting performance targets;
- Able to challenge the status quo, encourage innovation and drive continuous improvement through automation.
For an informal discussion, please contact Chris Bull (interim COO) or Gary Lewis Chief Executive on 01275 842606.
Lighthouse Schools Partnership offers an excellent benefits package including contributory pension scheme, a comprehensive employee assistance programme and benefits (offering discounts on shopping), child care vouchers and on-site parking.
How to apply:
Please download an application form from the Trust website www.lsp.org.uk CVs are optional but cannot be accepted unless accompanied by a fully completed application form. Applications should be submitted with covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) outlining your expertise in this role and application form (curriculum vitae optional) addressed to Gary Lewis, Chief Executive.
Once completed application forms can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, 20 February 2018
Interview date: 28 February 2018
Lighthouse Schools Partnership trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment. Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement. This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Enhanced DBS checks are required for all successful applicants.