1 x Full time permanent
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday, term time only
Do you want to work in a busy, high functioning learning support department committed to working to enhance the educational progress of our SEND learners?
Do you have experience of working in a diverse school setting with students from a range of backgrounds? Are you someone who wishes to gain school experience before embarking on a career in teaching? If so, or if you have a strong drive to develop these skills then you will find working with us as a Teaching Assistant a highly rewarding opportunity.
Successful candidates will possess excellent literacy, numeracy, ICT skills and have an ability to form positive working relationships with both students and other adults. A degree in mathematics would be an advantage in this role. As part of your employment at the school you will be able to access a wider range of additional training to develop your skills and abilities in regard to working with SEND learners.
• A well established and comprehensive mentor programme
• A strong personalised programme of professional development and coaching for teachers and support staff
• Strong links with other local schools for partnership working and support
• A strong community spirit
• Staff who are very supportive towards each other with a great camaraderie existing throughout the school
Bow School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and the successful applicant will be subject to relevant vetting checks before an offer of appointment is confirmed and will be subject to rechecking thereafter, as appropriate.