International Admissions and Exchanges Officer
This is a key administrative support role, taking the lead in ensuring that all enquiries from prospective students and/or their agents, coming from our international markets are serviced promptly and efficiently.
Providing international marketing assistance and admissions management for a select group of schools across our UK and Spain portfolio, this is a hub-and-spoke role.
Interaction with students, parents and agents is required, in addition to the provision of remote level enquiry and admissions support. Each school’s needs and requirements will be sensitively met with particular attention paid to the quality of students recruited.
The role entails also the coordination of inter-group short term exchange programs with other Cognita schools worldwide.
Success in this role will be assessed through annual increases in total international students enrolled.
- Responsible for efficient management of enquiries and applications through to enrolment for our UK and Spain based schools, using school admissions software and reporting
- Responsible for achieving target conversion metrics for the key steps within the applicant journey from application to enrolment
- Maintain contact with applicants throughout the recruitment process and ensure application, admissions and enrolment requirements are fulfilled
- Develop and maintain enquiry information and provide continuous improvement of internal admissions processes
- Liaise with schools’ Admissions and Marketing departments to create, update and maintain applicant data including marketing communications
- Providing administrative support for applicants requiring Tier 4 visa sponsorship by Cognita , using the United Kingdom’s Visas and Immigration online sponsorship system
- Facilitate group exchange programs between the Cognita Groups’ regional schools
- Liaise with stakeholders throughout exchange programs already underway
Principal Working Relationships
- International Recruitment Manager
- UK Marketing & Admissions Managers
- Admissions and Marketing staff based in our UK and Spain School Support Centres
- Admissions and Marketing staff at our schools
- Safeguarding advisers based at School Support Centres and schools
- Homestay and educational travel agents
- Parents, students and recruitment agents
- Host families
Education and Skills
- Degree level educated
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administrative role with specific responsibilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also able to contribute as a member of the team
- Culturally aware
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- DESIRABLE: Experience of working in an education setting
- DESIRABLE: Understanding of major national education systems around the world
- DESIRABLE: Having lived/worked outside of home country