Sherwood Park is a ‘Good School’ in all aspects, Ofsted September 2016. We are a popular and successful two form entry primary school in Bexley, with a strong commitment to inclusive practice. We have imaginative, creative and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn and a highly experienced and inspirational teaching staff who are dedicated to providing the best all round
education for our children.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher with a passion for learning to work alongside our Year 5 and Year 6 teachers to support our pupil premium children to meet their targets. We are looking for an outstanding practitioner and team player, with experience of teaching in
upper KS2 and planning for small groups of lower and higher ability children.
Ideally, the right candidate will be confident to teach across Key Stage Two so that they can also cover classes, should the need arise. You will need to be highly organised, have excellent classroom management skills and be flexible and dynamic.
The role includes:
- Delivering lessons in reading, writing and maths to small groups of children
- Making effective use of assessment to plan lessons and check progress
- Working with the class teachers and providing feedback
- Covering whole classes when the need arises
You can offer the children:
- A passion for children’s learning and development;
- A proven track record of classroom teaching;
- The ability to motivate and inspire children;
- High aspirations for all children and a desire to raise standards;
- High aspirations for themselves and a commitment to further development
We will offer you:
- Strong leadership with a clear strategic direction
- Outstanding teacher development and support through high quality CPD
- Well behaved children and supportive parents
Application packs are available on our website: www.sherwoodparkprimary.co.uk and from the school office.
If you are interested in joining the team here at Sherwood Park, we would love to welcome you to our school so that you can experience first-hand what it is like to be part of our special community. For further details regarding this vacancy or to arrange a visit, please phone or email Jill Hawley in our
school office, telephone 0208 303 6300 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22nd November 2017
Interview dates: Week beginning 27th November 2017
This post is considered to be a customer facing position; as such it falls within the scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The school therefore has a
statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out below. These will be applied during the recruitment/selection and probationary
- Ability to speak with confidence and accuracy, using accurate sentence structures and vocabulary
- Ability to choose the right kind of vocabulary for the situation in hand without a great deal of hesitation
- Ability to listen to customers (staff and children) and understand their needs
- Ability to tailor your approach to each conversation to be appropriate to the customer (staff and children), responding clearly with fine shades of meaning, even in complex situations
Sherwood Park is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks. Original evidence of right to work within the
United Kingdom will be required prior to commencement of employment i.e. National Insurance Number, Work Permits or Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Sherwood Park Primary School
Sherwood Park Avenue