Part Time - one day per week
January 2021 start date
Fixed Term until July 31st 2021
Inspire their remarkable with us
The Ridge is a very special learning community. We provide a “fresh start” for children with Social, Emotional and Mental Health problems (SEMH). The curriculum is designed to support children in becoming confident and independent learners in a rapidly changing world.
We are looking to appoint a fixed term, part-time Intervention Teacher to start in January and ideally are looking for someone with experience of teaching children with challenging behaviour in a mainstream or special school setting.
As well as being an outstanding practitioner, experienced in the use of Assessment for Learning and Assessing Pupil Progress, you would actively engage in our nurture provision. This supports the children in developing the building blocks to learning through a specialist social and emotional curriculum and the principles of nurture.
You will also need to undertake de-escalation and positive handling strategy training including physical intervention.
If you are interested and would like to be part of our friendly team, we would normally invite you to come and look around our warm, welcoming school. In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, we recommend you visit our website here , and do let us know if you have any questions!
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More opportunity to grow your career - We’ll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
- More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We’ll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what’s best for your children.
- More chance to see what’s out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
- More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others’ experience - You’re connected to our network of over 60 academies and thousands of education professionals.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 30 November
Interviews will commence shortly after the closing date.
This is a fixed term role to start in January 2021 until July 31st 2021.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today, clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered. We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.
The Ridge Academy
- Special needs with state - academy funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 11 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
The Ridge Academy has a friendly and welcoming atmosphere where the individual nature of every child is recognised and valued. All the children, parents, staff and g...