Exciting opportunity to work at Helenswood Academy in
Helenswood Academy joined the Ark network in September 2013 alongside Ark William Parker Academy, a nearby all-boys school, creating a new Ark hub in Hastings. They were joined by Ark Blacklands and Ark Little Ridge Primary academies in 2014.
We wish to appoint a dedicated Intervention Tutor to support pupils and teachers, to establish a supportive learning environment in which children make good academic progress. You will be instrumental in our mission to provide every student, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience establishing successful learning relationships with students at the relevant age, treating them consistently with respect and consideration
- have experience of tutoring small groups of students, including, planning and delivering lessons and marking students’ work
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with children and adults
- have the ability to deal with minor incidents, first aid, and pupil’s personal health and hygiene
- have genuine passion and a belief in the potential of every pupil
For more information about the school please visit www.helenswoodacademy.org.
We encourage all prospective applicants to visit the school before applying. To arrange a visit, please contact the school directly on 01424 753 040.
To apply please visit https://goo.gl/z5x5dx . Please submit your application by 11am on Monday 31st July.
If you have any queries about making your application, please contact the schools recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email@example.com.
Closing Date: 11am on Monday 31st July
Interview: w/c 21st August
Hours: 36 hours per week, term time only. 08.00am - 16.00pm
Contract: Fixed for one year until August 2018
Helenswood Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.