£9.20 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: relevant experience working in a school/education setting or experience as an invigilator.
Vision for Education are currently recruiting for a number of Exam Invigilators to assist the smooth running of GCSE exams, to work on a temporary basis throughout the upcoming exam periods in February and May/June.
Invigilators are an essential part of the exam process, ensuring that exams are carried out according to the rules set out by the examinations board, allowing each student to sit the exam in the condition as student across the country.
As a School Exam Invigilator, your duties might include:
• Prepare the exam rooms
• Distribution of exam papers and scripts
• Supervision of students during examinations
• Ensure students behave appropriately during their time in the examination hall
• Ensure students do not communicate with each other
• Ensure students do not have unauthorised materials on their desks
• Accompany students for a temporary period outside of the examination hall
The work will be based within one of our Sheffield Schools and due to the nature of the role the shifts can begin as early as 8.00am, therefore reliability and excellent time keeping are essential. The invigilating shifts will vary being either am, pm or all day depending on your availability and the exam timetable.
Vision for Education is committed to Safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS Check that must be registered to the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As Your Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated Secondary consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you interested in the role of exams invigilator, then we would like to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Kyle at our Sheffield branch on 0114 243 5555.