Are you flexible around your working hours? Are you looking for some part time hours around your other commitments?
A new exciting job has just opened at Totton College for a sessional Trainer/Assessor to assess and coach a small caseload of apprentices undertaking Intermediate and Advanced IT, Software, Web and Telecoms frameworks.
To be successful in this technical role, you will be experienced in the IT sector and passionate about developing and supporting apprentices in achieving their qualifications and career goals.
In your next role you will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Train and assess apprentices to enable them to meet the requirements of their qualification, this will include carrying out assessment visits in their work place.
- Planning and managing assessment visits, based on the learner’s individual plan/profile, using a variety of assessment methods.
- You’ll have the ability to make assessment decisions about learners’ knowledge and understanding then provide developmental feedback.
- You’ll maintain records of your apprentices' progress and achievement through to completion.
- Working alongside Internal Quality Assurers and awarding bodies you’ll ensure quality of provision and learner success.
- Conduct learner action plans and reviews in a timely and quality manner.
You will have the following qualities:
- Be occupationally competent, with several years’ experience working in IT (Software, Web and Telecoms)
- Hold an assessor qualification (D32/D33, A1/A1, TAQA/CAVA)
- Be IT literate
- Have experience working with apprentices or other work based learners
- Full UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle
- Enhanced DBS check required