Job Start : Immediate Start
SALARY: £18,201-£23,075 pro rata per annum
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term
CONTRACT TERM : Part Time 0.6FTE or 0.8FTE
To stand on the shoulders of giants
Under the guidance of the IT Manager to provide specialist support in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of IT equipment across the school. This role will suit someone with a proven interest in IT and technology.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties at an appropriate level and nature may also be required and will be negotiated.
• You will be responsible for covering all 1st Line Support issues and queries under supervision
• To provide first line support to students and staff for hardware , software , audio-visual , photocopiers and telephone equipment
• Ability to create Helpdesk procedures in order to log and manage calls
• To maintain satisfactory of safety and security
• To help produce and maintain IT reports , checklists and other documentation as necessary
• Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
• An interest in learning backup procedures and planning for maintenance
• Ability to communicate in an excellent telephone manner
• A desire to solve IT problems
Special Conditions of Service
Because of the nature of the post, candidates are not entitled to withhold information regarding convictions by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975 as amended. Candidates are required to give details of any convictions on their application form and are expected to disclose such information at the appointment interview.
East London Science School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS check will be required for the position.
This post allows substantial access to children; candidates are required to comply with school procedures in relation to criminal records checks processed through the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”), and checks against the Children’s Barred List. If candidates are successful in their application prior to taking up post, they will be required to give written permission to the school to ascertain details from the DBS regarding any convictions against them and, as appropriate the nature of such convictions.
The post holder will be expected to carry out all duties in the context of and in compliance with the school Equalities Policies.
ELSS offers a full and rigorous programme of CPD support for all our staff based on the school’s educational principles and the professional experience of our staff.
You can find us on Twitter: @ELSS_freeschool
To download an application pack or for more opportunities, please visit our website or for further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 November 2018
Interview date: TBC