SGS Academy Trust is a Multi Academy Trust, which was formed in response to the request of the Regional Schools Commissioner, Sir David Carter in November 2014.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud College sponsor the Trust, and their size and
range of expertise forms the basis of the support for schools within the Trust.
There are three schools within the Trust:
Forest High School is situated in Cinderford, Forest of Dean. Forest High School has engaged with some of the best learning providers in the county to establish a rich, extensive curriculum and to support classroom teaching, The School is small, intimate and student focused.
SGS Pegasus School opened in September 2017 providing a genuinely innovative school for children and young people with autism. It is located in Patchway, South Gloucestershire. The School provides a personalised, multi-disciplinary and evidence-based approach to support young people to learn and thrive.
SGS Berkeley Green UTC opened in September 2017. As the first University Technical College (UTC) in Gloucestershire, Berkeley Green aspires to combine outstanding academic and technical education.
SGS Academy Trust have an exciting opportunity for a IT/Computing Teacher at SGS Berkeley Green UTC starting in September 2019.
We are looking to appoint an inspiring and engaging IT/Computing Teacher to join our Team. The successful applicant will teach students from 14-19 Years at Level 2 and Level 3 in IT/Computing and Digital Technologies, including Cyber Security. We will give equal consideration to colleagues from school, FE and Industry backgrounds, with support provided for staff to achieve QTS where necessary. The successful candidate will also be a tutor to a vertical tutor group of Year 10 – Year 13 students in one of our “Companies”.
We require a colleague who has:
- A passion for their subject and the ability to link learning to the real world;
- A proven level of excellence in the classroom at KS4 and KS5 or an NQT with significant potential;
- Exceptional drive and excellent interpersonal skills;
- A willingness to contribute to all aspects of UTC life.
In return we offer:
- Teaching at KS4 and KS5 with students who are determined to succeed in their chosen field;
- Excellent induction programme for NQTs, career returners and applicants with an industrial background;
- State of the art facilities in a purpose-built £15million Engineering and Digital Technologies environment;
- The opportunity to work in a small, motivated and dynamic team at a time of great change and potential;
- A professional, business led organisation with unparalleled CPD opportunities and support from SGS College, Gloucestershire University and many business partners.
Do you want to have a positive influence on the direction of technical education?
Can you support our students to become the wealth creators and idea generators of the future?
If so, this is your opportunity to make your mark. Come and join us on our journey!
If you are interested in this position please complete a SGSAT- Application Form and return firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: HR Department, SGS College, Filton Avenue, Filton, Bristol BS34 7AT
Closing Date: Friday 22 March 2019
Expected Interview Date: w/c 01 April 2019
No agencies please.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Disclosure Certificate, Enhanced with Children’s Barred list check, as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire and Stroud Academy Trust welcomes applications from all sectors of the community and is an equal opportunities employer.