At New College Pontefract we are looking for an IT Helpdesk Technician to work as part of our growing IT Support Team to provide first line technical support to staff and students, either face to face or over the phone. This is an exciting opportunity to join an outstanding team!
As an IT Helpdesk Technician, under the direction of the IT Manager, your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Staffing the IT helpdesk, fielding support calls to the IT helpdesk phone and support email address. This includes solving problems, where possible, and delegating support issues to other members of the team where appropriate.
- Managing Active Directory, Group Policy and Server Technologies 2008R2, Server 2012 supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. Where possible providing remote desktop support.
- Monitoring students use of /and behaviour in open access areas.
- Dealing with day-to-day administrative tasks such as password changes, printer credit updates, email/user restrictions and maintaining the ‘Classroom Monitoring software’.
- Monitoring of email/Internet filtering and audit reports (subject to College policies and line manager discretion).
Excellent communication and problem solving skills are essential, as is a customer service approach to your work. Experience in support and management of desktops, laptops and printers is required and an awareness of current network issues, virus alerts and security issues is also key though training will be provided. A willingness to undertake further training relevant to the role is expected.
If you are ambitious to develop a career in IT support and wish to work in an environment where your work will make a real difference to raising standards of education in the local community, we would like to hear from you.
To apply please click the apply button to email your CV and a supporting statement outlining your interest and motivation in the role.
Shortlisted candidate will be asked to complete and application form prior to interview.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 25th August 2107.
New College is an outstanding place to work and study, regularly near the top of UK Sixth Form College results tables and awarded outstanding in all areas by Ofsted in 2014. With a dynamic, positive and supportive culture for staff and students, we have an enviable reputation for staff career progression and development. With over 2300 students, New College Pontefract is the founding member of the New Collaborative Learning Trust (NCLT).
NCLT has a commitment to safeguarding students and the successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks, including an Enhanced DBS. We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.