We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative, successful and hardworking IT Manager. The successful candidate will be an outstanding team player and have outstanding technical expertise in the field of IT with the ability to work as part of a team to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved for all the pupils at Worden. We are committed to developing and supporting our staff.
Over the last five years the school has invested heavily in the IT infrastructure to create a reliable backbone for all stakeholders to use. However, the school still has the desire to expand network provision further. The successful candidate should have the motivation to further shape and design the network as well as having an excellent working knowledge of Storage Area Networks and VM Ware.
Worden is a comprehensive Converter Academy that has a proven track record of sustained improvement and growth. In February 2016 the school underwent a successful one day short inspection which highlighted the fact that 'Pupils leave the school with brighter prospects due to a passionate and driven leadership team working alongside teachers who care and meticulously plan for each unique cohort'.
The behaviour and attitude of students at Worden is excellent and potential candidates are welcome to visit the school and see us at work.
You will have:
• Excellent IT skills including working knowledge of VMware and SANs
• Excellent organisational skills
• Able to lead and manage a team including an apprentice
• Able to communicate effectively, both written and orally
• Able to develop and monitor school policy across your areas of responsibility.
• To have knowledge and understanding of current IT developments and how these can enhance the IT provision in educational establishments.
If you are a committed professional, enjoy a challenge, and are passionate about raising standards and making a difference, you are a person we want working with us.
Worden is committed to promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need to undertake an enhanced DBS disclosure and appointment will be subject to receipt of suitable references, qualifications and identity checks.
Interviews: w/c 1st October 2018
More Information can be found at www.academyatworden.co.uk
- Grade A*
- C at GCSE or O Levels/CSE in English & Maths (equivalent to A* - C GCSE)
- Educated to at least GCE “A” Level standard or equivalent
- Other Post 16 or Higher Education qualifications
• Experience as working as an IT technician/Network Manager
• Experience of working with SQL database’s
• Experience of maintaining different types of servers (e.g. ISA, ISS, SQL,Exchange)
• Experience of maintaining servers running OS 2012 and above
• Experience of using VMWare across physical servers and SANs
• Experience of using and managing disk arrays and SANs
• Experience of working with and maintaining wireless networks
• Experience in working in a school environment
• Experience of working with Apple IOS technology on a predominantly windows based network
• Experience of working with different types of server
Proposed Interview Date: w/c 1st October 2018
For an informal discussion please contact: Deputy Headteacher – Mr Hammersley Application forms and further details are available from/returnable to M Reed (Business Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org.