IT Network Technician – term time
Scale 4 spinal points 18 £18,070 to 21 £20,138 pro rata
Actual salary £15,798 to £17,606 per year
Following retirement of the current postholder, we are looking to appoint an experienced Technician on a term time basis to support our IT Team in providing an efficient and effective IT technical support service across the school.
• Supporting the maintenance and development of the school IT resources
• Providing training and support sessions for staff and students
• Assisting in the classroom and providing curriculum support as appropriate
• Ensuring that IT facilities across the school are fully functional at all times.
Do you have 12 months experience in:
• Providing technician support in a school, education or commercial environment?
• Supporting and troubleshooting wired and wireless networks?
• Implementing system upgrades, carrying out server maintenance and installing applications on client server networks?
• Confident to respond to emergency calls within the classroom?
• Customer focussed, self-motivated and flexible with accomplished time management and organisational skills?
• Able to converse at ease with parents/students and members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English?
If so, we would like to hear from you. Please visit our website at www.bvgs.co.uk to view the Job Description, Person Specification and to download an application form.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 16th November 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing: 20th November 2017
To arrange a pre-application visit please contact Michele Wallis, HR Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (0121) 250 5400.
If you wish to have an informal chat about this role please contact Graham Swindells, Finance Director & Schools Business Manager on (0121) 250 5400.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Candidates will need to meet the requirements of the person specification. This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check together with Identity, Right to Work, medical and reference checks.