The IT Specialist will play a key part in the design and delivery of a comprehensive ICT network and support service across Bohunt Education Trust. The role will provide an incredible opportunity to gain experience of management, design, budgets and IT within a supportive and innovative environment.
The role has primary responsibility for working with external suppliers to design and deliver IT infrastructure across the Trust, including Servers, Storage, Networking, Wireless, Telephony, Client Devices and Software. The IT Specialist will also deliver staff and student support for all aspects of the ICT infrastructure through local and Trust wide technicians and liaison with external organisations where appropriate.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in successfully designing and delivering solutions to budget
- Extensive management experience of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems, preferably in an education environment
- Excellent working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP, and DNS
- Significant experience managing VMware, vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Failover Cluster Manager and Office 365 and Federated Services
- Appropriate qualifications in Microsoft or Citrix technologies
- Proven experience of working in a mixed, distributed Apple environment
- Project and change management skills including demonstrable experience of working cross-functionally to deliver change
- IET, BCS or Open Group qualifications or significant progress towards them
Ideally they will have an ITIL Foundation qualification in Service Management and a Prince 2 Foundation Level Qualification or equivalent knowledge\experience, and will be a Chartered IT Professional.
What we offer:
• An opportunity to develop your career in an expanding organisation
• Competitive salary and Local Government Pension Scheme
• 28 holidays per annum (including bank holidays)