Through our programme, you will work as an IT Support Assistant as part of the school support workforce. You will work on-site providing technical support and advice to students and teaching staff.
You will be part of the School IT Team and provide technical support to students and teaching staff. Day-to-day you will perform routine ICT tasks and contribute to the smooth running of the IT network.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will of achieve the nationally recognised ITQ qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within the school or any organisation requiring IT support. A newly qualified IT Technician can earn between £18,000 and £22,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities;
- Provide technical support and advice to students and teaching staff.
- Perform routine ICT tasks.
- Manage small projects.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the network by undertaking reasonable tasks as required, including some administrative tasks.
- Support the school's Internet, Email and Virtual Learning Environment.
- Support the day-to-day running of the curriculum/admin network in collaboration with the Network Manager.
- Provide support and maintenance for network hardware and software, including classroom support.
- Provide technical support for curriculum and school events
- Support staff in the use of ICT equipment.
- Report faults to the Network Manager as required.
- Support in-house training as and when required.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil's parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
At our school we aim to develop the child academically, socially, morally and spiritually. We aim to provide equal opportunities for all our children to succeed to the best of their ability. Our broad and balanced curriculum includes all the subjects of the national curriculum with particular emphasis on the core subjects of English, Maths, Science and Computing.
- Level 2 Diploma in IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Term: 60 weeks
Contract Type: Intermediate level apprenticeship
Application Contact: Stacey Pavitt
Closing Date: 02.12.2016