• To support teaching and learning by assisting the Network Manager in the provision of high quality IT systems and infrastructure for colleagues and students
• To assist the Network manager in the provision of IT resources to meet the business needs of the school
• Network Manager
• Business Manager, Headteacher, SLG, governors
1. To support the network manager in carrying out the planning, installation, commissioning and maintenance of the IT infrastructure for the school.
2. To research, plan and configure network security systems, such as firewalls and virtual private networks for remote access, in accordance with current best practice.
3. To contribute to a library of network documentation and diagrams including, but not limited to, installation procedures, directory structure and permissions for shared resources and the website.
4. To deputise for the Network Manager when appropriate; this includes IT budget management, purchasing IT equipment, and co-ordination and management of IT Support tasks.
5. Responsibility for the maintenance of the school website.
6. To maintain a high level of up to date technical knowledge and knowledge of developments within the IT industry, and their possible impact on, and benefit to, the school.
7. To deliver technical support for the IT infrastructure to ensure a secure and stable platform for delivery of curriculum and administration services.
8. To ensure all issues logged in the helpdesk are resolved in a timely manner either in-house or by responsible third parties.
9. To identify underlying problems with the high school IT systems, and to research, propose, design and implement resolutions in a timely manner.
10. Provide assistance and guidance to staff and students in the use of application software and IT equipment as necessary.
11. Undertake such professional development as may be necessary to discharge these duties.
12. To work flexibly as a member of the support team, undertaking any jobs identified by line management.
13. To understand and comply with the school’s policy documentation.
Chapel-en-le-Frith High School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Our school is an 11-16 mixed, community, comprehensive school of around 960 students. We are lucky to be based in a relatively new building, with great facilities, on a beautiful site at the edge of the Peak District market town of Chapel-en-le-Frith...