IT Support Officer
Local hire only (available in Bahrain)
We are seeking to appoint an IT Support Officer who will be responsible for whole school helpdesk support, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Ensure IT helpdesk meet staff, student, and parent support requirements.
- Manage technical support and address the needs of the users by timely resolving all issues raised.
- Manage all other ancillary technology-based services provided by the school e.g., ID cards etc.
- Prepare weekly reports in relation to IT operations within the school.
- Organise training to the end-users on IT services to allow smooth flow of day-to-day school/departmental functions.
- Create and maintain user accounts, password resets and permissions in Active Directory and G Suite.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs
- Verify functionality of hardware and software components across the campus
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance upgrades
- Configure and maintain computer hardware, replacing parts as required
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person, remotely and via phone
- Conduct electrical safety checks on computer equipment
- Ensure that all items in the checklists are implemented
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network connectivity issues, such as VOIP problems, and Wi-Fi
- Stay abreast of current technology, trends and best practices related to IT
Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical knowledge of hardware, software, system design and computer applications in use in the School.
- Good communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Behavioural skills – proactive, systematic, detail-oriented, flexible, innovative, organised and reliable
- Quality of IT support Helpdesk
- Maintenance of all hardware and software
- IT Systems & Services
- IT-related Health & Safety
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and attitude towards all staff, students, parents, and suppliers
- Attends training programmes as set by the school
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Active participation in the implementation of the school’s events and any other initiatives
The British School of Bahrain is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will undergo rigorous child protection screening including checks with past employers and police check.
To apply for this position, please complete the TES online application. The application form will be automatically directed to the BSB Human Resources Department. You can send your cover letter, credentials, passport copy and police clearance via BSB HR’s email address email@example.com as soon as possible. All applications will be acknowledged via email.
We request references for all candidates that we invite to interview.
Applicants will be invited to a face-to-face interviews at the school.
If you would like to find out more about our School, please visit www.britishschoolbahrain.com
British School of Bahrain
Kingdom of Bahrain
Telephone: +973 176 10920
The British School of Bahrain has an international reputation for pastoral excellence and academic success combined with exceptional co-curricular achievements. The School is a supportive, collegial and ambitious environment that maintains its sense ...