The IT Department provides all of the Eton College’s information and communications technology services for more than 2,000 users, both inside and outside of the classroom. You will report directly into the IT Service Delivery Manager and will need to be able to provide IT support across the college such as resolving support requests on computer hardware, software and network systems. The successful candidate will need to have excellent customer service skills and some experience working within IT support or helpdesk work. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a passion and aptitude for information technology to work for a prestigious and forward-thinking independent school.
- To provide front line IT Helpdesk support providing ICT help to Eton staff and pupils.
- Hardware and software support of school devices including Microsoft and Apple computers, printers, telephones and network equipment.
- Fault diagnosis and repairs to a wide range of end-user devices.
- User support for standard software packages and bespoke systems.
- Use of computerised Helpdesk facility and management of calls from inception to conclusion.
- Call management of own calls and cover if required for other calls.
- Routing calls to the right person to complete the task.
- Escalating appropriate calls to the right person to resolve a problematic issue.
- Commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role, the incumbent should have:
- Previous IT support and Helpdesk experience
- Microsoft Office support, Version 2010 upwards
- Microsoft and Apple operating system support
- Mobile device support, including Microsoft, iOS, Android
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly and helpful manner.
- A demonstrable aptitude and enthusiasm for information and communications technology.
- Confidence and willingness to learn.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
Eton College offers a wide range of benefits, including an 11% employer contribution to your pension (with 4.9% employee contribution), Employee Assistance Programme, enhanced Maternity / Paternity scheme, free eyecare vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, subsidised lunches during term time, free access to the College’s sport and leisure facilities and discounts at local retailers and businesses.
About the College
Eton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of both staff and pupils. We believe in equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation or socio-economic background.
Windsor and Maidenhead
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 13 - 18 years
Eton has been educating for the future for nearly 600 years.
Our academic success derives from a longstanding commitment to learning and independent thought and pupils benefit from the intellectual quality and inspiring teaching of Masters who are pa...