Job type- Full time permanent
Salary- up to £31,550, + 10% per annum
Hours- 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Do you believe that every young person should be given a second chance and opportunity to turn their lives around? If so, then join Nacro at our Medway Secure Training centre, who educate, nurture and transfer lives.
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of an IT Teacher who can enable young people to flourish and achieve their potential and work with the wider prison service team and on-site partners to ensure young people are safe and behave within acceptable levels of behaviour.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create an innovative and dynamic learning environment within the secure estate to young people aged between 12 and 17 years old who have been sentenced or remanded in custody
- Design and deliver the planned curriculum and quality of delivery within the designated subject area (IT) and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and national curriculum so that young people’s needs are met.
- Working with HMPPS to ensure the learning environment is dynamic and constantly updated to match learning needs in accordance with HMPPS protocols.
- Ensure a broad diversity of learning styles are catered for, and that learning is aligned to best teaching methodologies and industry standards.
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual education plans so that the young person’s needs are met.
- Maintain up to date records and produce relevant reports as required. This includes inputting information to appropriate systems as per contractual and Nacro requirements, and producing required evidence and reports in a timely manner.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
DBS & Secure Training Centre Vetting required including 5 years reference history.
Please apply online