The Laurus Trust is a growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England.
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. Our founder school Cheadle Hulme High School was judged Outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015.
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time for learning and development as we expand and open new schools in the Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to work within the IT Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional looking for the next step in their career or to develop on their existing skills.
Hours: 37 per week – 8am – 4pm, full year
Start Date: 30th March 2020
As a key member of the IT team the successful candidate will manage the day-to-day work of the IT Help Desk, taking responsibility for the daily administration and operation of the department and work closely with the IT Managers, assisting and enabling them in their role.
- Provide proactive 2nd line level support, prioritise daily support tasks, respond and follow‐up support requests using a clear and simple approach.
- Installation, maintenance, integration/configuration and/or troubleshooting of ICT system, network equipment and Infrastructure, PCs, applications, AV equipment, projectors, third party software, peripherals
- Act as an initial escalation point for IT Technicians and/or customers with complex queries or raising with an IT Manager if required.
- Allocate and coordinate work to IT Technicians, reassigning and prioritising to deal with changing patterns of demand, staff availability and business need.
- Support day-to-day operations and maintenance of Network and Wireless Infrastructure, Print management, mobile devices, Trust backup solution, anti-virus protection and workstation security procedures and its documentations.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in an IT Support environment
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware and diagnosing and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in MS Office, Adobe CC and other relevant IT packages
- Experience of installing & maintaining applications such as Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Experience of using Windows, Mac OS or Linux operating systems.
- Minimum Maths & English GCSE (A*-C) or equivalent
- Driving licence
In return for your commitment, we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata) – increasing with length of service
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Excellent employee benefits
- Flexible working
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description.
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made.
To apply, complete the application form below by clicking on the ‘Quick Apply’ button (CVs are not accepted).
Closing date for applications: 9am 24th February 2020
Interviews to be held: 28th February 2020
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment.