Heartlands Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population.
Post Title: IT Technician
Post Grade/Salary: Scale 3 - 4 (£21591 - £23,607 per annum)
Responsible to: Head of IT
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week / 52 weeks
Holidays: Leave will not normally be granted during the term time and other peak times e.g. enrolment (late August to early September)
Post Tenable: As soon as possible
We pride ourselves on ensuring that our staff gain the right development to ensure a successful career. We have a strong record in securing promotion. Our recent Ofsted noted; ’Leaders have been able to cultivate an ethos of focusing on the needs of individual pupils. Pupils irrespective of their starting points, receive a range of support. Many pupils make very good progress…’ (Ofsted 2016)
Heartlands High School is a great place to work. We support our staff with an appraisal model that encourages development. Our continuing professional development ensures that staff work together to improve their practice. We empower staff to deliver great service through a high expectations culture within the school.
The School is in the heart of Wood Green close to shops, over ground, underground and bus links. You will be joining an energetic and dedicated team of colleagues working to provide exceptional service to our staff and a group of diverse and rewarding young people.
The successful candidates will be responsible for duties including:
• Provide first line support and resolve IT incidents in a structured way using the Trust’s Service Desk to meet service level agreements; as required liaise with third party providers and track external support calls
• Set up accounts and assist staff and students in accessing network resources
• Proactively keep all IT equipment in classes and offices at their optimal levels
• Make repairs to laptops, Chromebooks, desktops as appropriate
• Proactively manage and monitor backups and antivirus
• Set up new equipment and deploy software and applications under the direction of the Trust’s Head of IT/Senior IT Technician
• Mount and install computer/AV equipment as and when required
• Assist the Head of IT in keeping the network secure and advise on technical aspects of system security
• Maintaining an inventory of all IT equipment across all schools
• To develop and maintain effective working relationships with all users.
• To work as part of a team adopting flexible working practices, attending meetings and liaising with staff at all levels; to provide cover in case of absence and to support colleagues at times of heavy workload
For further information, please contact our HR department at HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk. Application packs can be downloaded from the school website: www.heartlands.haringey.sch.uk
Completed applications forms, with a covering letter addressed to the Head of School, Elen Roberts, should be sent to HR@heartlands.haringey.sch.uk by no later than 10 a.m. on Monday 27th January 2020. Interviews will take place on Thursday 30th January 2020.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the School.