About the role: Working as part of the Trust IT team, we are seeking to appoint an experienced IT Technician to join Ebbsfleet Academy, as soon as possible. In this role you would play a key part in ensuring the smooth running of our IT services for the benefit of our staff and students. You will have up to date knowledge of IT best practice, products and statutory requirements, and be looking for a promotion or a move into an exciting new role.
The IT Technician will;
- Respond to requests for ICT support in accordance with Helpdesk procedures and SLA priorities.
- Support and maintain all the Academies Trust IT hardware and services.
- Assist in the installation or repair of Windows and Macintosh computers with standardized applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their day to day use operations.
- Assist in a wide range of technical duties associated with the computer networking an desktop services, primarily in connection with existing installations and upgrading of these installations. (desktop computers, IWB\'s, printers, telephones, scanners, projector’s lecterns and digital signage).
- Responsible for a wide range of technical duties associated with the computer network and desktop services, i.e. VOIP, VM print and copy management services, AV hardware.
- Liaise with third party suppliers in relation to fault diagnostics and rectification of IT systems and to monitor the performance of suppliers and contractors who provide hardware or services to the organisation.
- Monitor the performance of hardware and software both to evaluate their on-going suitability along with identifying any recurring problems, and provide appropriate feedback/reports to management and senior staff.
This is a permanent position offering £21,348 per annum, 37 hours per week. Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.00pm and Friday 8.00am - 3.30pm with a 30 minute break.
Please be aware that the successful candidate must have access to a car and clean driving licence, as this position may involve traveling between sites if required.
About Ebbsfleet Academy: We are a dynamic and successful 11-18 academy serving the local community. We have students of all abilities and from a wide variety of backgrounds, all of whom contribute to the richness of our school population.
Our curriculum is based around the needs of our students and consists of a rich blend of academic and vocational qualifications, all supported by fantastic learning resources
We are extremely proud of our record to date, of our constantly improving results and of our 'Good' Ofsted outcome (October 2019). We have a clear commitment to the highest of expectations and achievement for all, with an excellent team of committed staff and outstanding facilities.
Our ambition is to ensure that all of our students achieve their potential, develop as courteous, confident and capable young people and leave with an education that has fully equipped them to go on to university or the career of their choice.
Working with Leigh Academies Trust: The Brook Learning Trust and Leigh Academies Trust are currently finalising an exciting merger opportunity which is set to come into effect for September 2021. We will be working collaboratively on recruitment to ensure we secure the very best talent for the benefit of our students.
Being part of Leigh Academies Trust: As of 1st September 2021, our Trust will comprise 32 geographically organised academies (15 secondaries, 14 primaries and 2 special) educating 20,000 students, and employing 2,500 talented staff. The Trust is establishing four ‘clusters’ of academies: North West Kent; Central Kent; South East London; Medway. In addition, the Trust is responsible for one of the region’s biggest initial teaching training organisations, a large teaching school hub and is an accredited apprenticeship provider. Click here to view our future plans in our Vision 2025 document.
As part of Leigh Academies Trust you will have ample opportunity to collaborate with your peers both within the academy and across the whole Trust. This is an important part of our vision as we know through experience that we perform better when we work together. You are supported to undertake regular self-development to continue your professional development and hopefully progress further within the organisation.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of any protected characteristics which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
All roles within the Trust are subject to an Enhanced DBS check in addition to other pre-employment checks. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Leigh Academies Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities will vary. If you have any queries or concerns, please get in touch with the LAT Talent Team - email@example.com.
Based on the quality and quantity of applications received, Leigh Academies Trust reserves the right to close this vacancy sooner than the specified closing date. Applicants will be notified of this where possible. Therefore, early applications are encouraged.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years