The Governors of this outstanding Catholic high school are seeking to appoint a well- organised and responsible person to work with our Lead IT Technician to provide effective ICT support throughout the school, as well as to four of our local primary schools.
Permanent position - working 37 hours per week - full year
Grade 6 SCP 21-26 (£20,138 to £23,398)
With reference to or guidance from the Lead IT Technician, contribute to the delivery of an effective ICT support service throughout the school (and 4 of our local primary schools) to respond to identified need, ensure continuity of service and achieve planned reporting objectives and deadlines. Responsibilities include (not an exhaustive list):
- .Windows desktop and server issues
- Office 365 Networking (DHCP, DNS)
- Active directory user setup
- Website updates
- Ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day and that they are in good working order at the end of each day
- Check hardware regularly reporting faults to a specialist technician / audio-visual service / contractor as appropriate
- Participate in the collection, collation, processing and storage of data and information to comply with school reporting requirements
- Provide user support to identify and respond promptly to routine system or process issues that arise
- Set up basic audio visual equipment for use by teaching staff.
- Provide advice on established polices for acceptable use of local networks and assist with arrangements for monitoring network usage
Essential experience / skills
- Good organisational and problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of ICT hardware and software
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to communicate well
- Able to travel between school sites
- Ability to identify issues and prioritise accordingly
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
As it is the school holidays, please contact us by email.
Enquiries by email to email@example.com
Applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants must complete the CES application form [Please only use the version of the CES application form available from the school website].
Full details, including application forms are available on the school web site.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th August 2017
Interviews Thursday 24th August 2017
Melbourne Avenue, Fleetwood, FY7 8AY