Salary Grade: WHF M
Salary Band: £24,012 - £27,741 per annum
Location: John Madejski Academy
Contract Type: All Year Round
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 26 September 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Start: October 2021
About the Opportunity
- Are you an IT enthusiast, looking for your next jump up in IT?
- Do you have a passion for children's education with IT?
- Do you have fantastic customer service skills, eager to solve technical puzzles and improve your IT service?
If so, read on!
Now is a great time to join us here at The White Horse Federation! We're growing.. again! From strength to strength we've gone, and it's reflected as our IT team are increasing yet again due to the growth of the Federation! Would you like to join a fun, dynamic and ambitious IT team?!
Under the direction of the schools Network Manager and Regional Head of IT, you will be working as part of an excellent and enthusiastic IT team to provide ICT/Technical support to John Madejski Academy and proactively looking for ways to improve teaching with the use of ICT.
As part of your diverse and exciting role, you will:
- Ensure that ICT hardware across the curriculum areas of the school is at all times functional and ready for use in accordance with curriculum requirements
- Undertake repairs as required
- Maintain all necessary records utilising the implemented service desk software, including inventories and details of equipment checks as necessary
- Maintain IT assets utilising the service desk software
- Ensure all technical issues are recorded at support schools
- Assist the Regional Head of IT and the Network Manager in planning for and securing improvements and developments in technology
- Manage networks for the allocated schools, installing and removing software, monitoring its use, capacity and security, undertaking housekeeping tasks and taking any remedial action as required to ensure its efficient and smooth running
- Build, maintain and use effectively WHFIT support portal.
- Provide technical problem solving on hardware and software issues and problems using initiative and local resources, to teaching and other staff, and external agencies as appropriate and be able to demonstrate tenacity in doing so.
- Promote the ethos of The White Horse Federation in your work
- Ensure that ICT equipment and work stations meet the requirements of health and safety legislation and are maintained in a clean and safe manner
- Attend relevant training as required, and maintain up to date knowledge of new technologies.
- Ensure excellent customer service at all times
- Be available to cover when needed at other federated and external sites
- Undertake the role of administrator for the sites MIS system and ensure it is kept up to date.
- Guide school employees in the use of software and hardware that has been implemented by the team.
- Assist with DSE assessments
Having your own mobility is an essential as we will need you to visit other sites in the geographical hub from time to time. For full requirements of the role, please see the attached job description and person specification.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The WHF is a Multi-Academy Trust which supports Primary, Secondary and Special schools in the south of England. At its heart is a belief that we want to develop the type of schools that we would be proud to send our own children to. We do this with a relentless drive for academic excellence blended with a shared moral purpose and shared values but also with an awful lot of fun and happiness in our schools. We genuinely believe in partnership working with our schools, the pupils and their parents and the wider community each serves to create the best possible outcomes for our children.
We also believe that our colleagues are among the finest in the country and we are proud to empower them through support, training and career opportunities. With such outstanding staff we are able to ensure every student achieves all that they are capable of and more, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team which reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions from all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process which is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
John Madejski Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
John Madejski Academy is a rapidly improving school with a cutting edge curriculum and exciting professional development opportunities. We are passionate about transforming the life chances of our students through excellent teaching and learnin...