Are you an IT professional looking to provide support in a thriving academy? We are currently looking to appoint an ICT Technician to provide an outstanding IT support service to the staff, students and trainee teachers at Harris Academy Peckham.
As part of Harris, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in London. With regular progression opportunities and outstanding CPD for support staff, there will be a wealth of opportunities for you to grow your career, whether at Harris Academy Peckham, in one of our other 50 academies, or in our central team. Our aim is to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
Why work at Harris Academy Peckham?
- A place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success.
- An opportunity to join an ambitious academy at the heart of the local community, working with experienced and inspirational leaders towards an outstanding future.
- The combination of the traditional values of good manners, strong discipline and respect with excellent teaching.
- Generous Harris benefits package and excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Incident, Request and Problem Management
- To provide high-quality technical support, advice and guidance to the staff, students and trainee teachers at both locations.
- To ensure that all incidents and service requests are logged appropriately on the Service Management system.
- To retain ownership of all incident and service request tickets and ensure staff are regularly informed of the status of their support ticket.
- To re-route or escalate support tickets to the appropriate team as necessary and work with the IT Service Managers, 3rd line support, Project Managers and other stakeholders to achieve resolution.
- To identify, implement and document Known Issues and workarounds for desktop related issues within the Knowledge Base.
- To ensure that Academy incidents and service requests are resolved within the target resolution time and that the solutions are documented within the system.
- To image, deploy and maintain Windows 10 based PCs, Laptops and tablets, as well as Apple OS iMacs and iPads.
- To install, configure and maintain computer peripheral equipment such as multi-functional printers and Interactive whiteboards, ensuring that this hardware is regularly tested and ready for use when required.
- To install and test new software and software updates / upgrades, ensuring compliance with software licensing regulations at all times.
- To install, configure and maintain the VoIP telephones
- To familiarise yourself with the network infrastructure (Server room, cabling, patch panels, routers, switches) and associated documentation at the Academy.
- To ensure that the server and network infrastructure at both locations are regularly checked and maintained in accordance with HarrisNET best practice and procedures.
- To work with the IT Service Manager and Infrastructure team to support the on-site infrastructure elements such as physical & virtual servers, UPS’s and other networked devices to ensure the availability and security of the network, data and applications.
- To administer Active Directory user login accounts, ensuring that new staff, students and trainee teachers receive credentials in a timely fashion.
- To manage Active Directory Distribution and Security groups within the Academy to ensure that staff, students and trainee teachers have appropriate access to the data and resources they need.
- With the assistance of the Federation IT Service Manager, ensure that all Academy systems documentation is maintained and updated as required.
- Deliver the IT support service in accordance with ITIL and HarrisNET principles.
- Liaise with the relevant SLT and Federation IT Service Managers to ensure that all specific local and Federation requirements are met.
- Update and maintain the IT assets in both locations as listed in the CMDB.
- Act as a project team member on projects run by other members of the Federation ICT team.
- Document and submit relevant Knowledge base articles as and when necessary.
- Ensure that support is carried out according to the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Liaise with vendors, partners and service providers as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of new developments in technology.
- Such other duties as may be reasonably considered to be within the grade and remit of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Confident in communicating with staff at all levels. You must be self-motivated, with a can do attitude and a strong commitment to team-work and customer service.
- Ability to self-manage, organise, and prioritise tasks and work under pressure during troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- A demonstrable track record of balancing priorities and working to strict timescales to deliver results on time and to a high quality in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- You must be flexible, adaptable and capable of handling the various pressures and demands associated with this demanding and customer focussed ICT support role.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint and other desktop related software products.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, backed by a clear, analytical approach to problem solving. Ability to react quickly and effectively to issues and opportunities.
- A minimum of two years’ experience of carrying out a similar, client facing role in either the primary or secondary education sector.
- Recent experience of working in an on-site IT based, Customer Service environment.
- Proven experience of supporting Microsoft products, including Office 365 and Office 2016, SharePoint, and other desktop related products.
- Proven experience of managing Active Directory user accounts including the administration of Distribution and Security Groups within a Windows Server 2012 Active Directory.
- Recent experience of supporting Apple products, specifically iMacs and iPads in an educational or corporate environment.
- Recent experience of supporting Windows 10 PCs, laptops and tablets.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Academy Peckham is a place where all flourish, all feel valued and where achievement is the key to success. We are thoroughly proud of all our successes to date and look forward to further contributing to the Harris Federation’s excellent trac...