The International school of Ticino is seeking to appoint an Italian Language Literature teacher, to deliver the IB and Ticino Italian programme in Primary school.
Candidates should be well qualified and ideally experienced in the primary education in an Italian or international context, committed to high standards, interested in using innovative and inquiry-based approaches to learning and be enthusiastic about promoting international understanding.
Our school was founded in September 2014 as part of the ISE network of schools, spanning Italy and Switzerland. The school has had year on year growth, and now has 135 students across the age range of 3-14.
From September 2019 this growth has continued with the opening of a grade 6, 7, 8 and 9. Within the next 4 years the international school will be home to students from 3-18 in a our purpose designed campus, with no more than 20 students per class and per grade level.
In 2018 the International School of Ticino became an IB world school and the only accredited PYP school in the area. This academic year IST has become a candidate school for the IB MYP and DP programmes.
The school is one of several very successful Swiss and Italian schools belonging to Inspired, a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.
We are seeking to appoint an Italian Language and Literature teacher, to deliver the IB and Ticino Italian programme in PYP. Previous or current experience with the PYP is an advantage but not essential for this role.
Our excellent location offers the opportunity to live in the Ticino region of Switzerland or within the Lombardy region of Italy.
Please specify in your application when you could begin the position.
Essential characteristics for IST applicants:
• to be in possession of a university degree in a related subject and an appropriate teaching qualification;
• to have had recent, demonstrable experience teaching primary within the 6-11 age range;
• to be an enthusiastic and passionate teacher with a love of teaching and the ability to convey this successfully to students;
• to be an EU passport holder or already be in possession of a valid visa that enables to work in Switzerland.
• Further IB training will be offered, together with relocation assistance.
Why work with us:
• A knowledgeable and talented staff body committed to supporting the very best in student achievement.
• IB professional development during employment
• A very competitive salary in the region
• Support settling in to Switzerland or Italy
• Professional development
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a new school build and development
• Cooked lunches provided free daily.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should complete the following TES application, or email it to the school principal, Mr. Andrew Ackers at email@example.com.
Letter of application (No more than 2 pages);
CV with photo;
Contact details of three referees (one of which must be the Head or Principal from your most recent appointment), who you give your consent for us to approach before interview.
The successful candidate will be expected to begin work in January 2020, before which date a criminal records check will need to be completed as part of our child safeguarding policy.
More information about the school can be found on our website at http://www.isticino.com/.
The school is one of several very successful schools belonging to ISE (International School of Europe) which in turn is part of Inspired (www.inspirededu.co.uk), a worldwide network of premium schools offering global best practice and professional development.