The Winchester College Graduate Trainee Teacher (Junior Fellowship) scheme is an exciting opportunity for graduates considering a career in education.
The Junior Fellowship is offered annually on a fixed one-year basis to recent university graduates and has been designed to provide aspiring teachers with the support and training they need to be become excellent practitioners both in and outside the classroom. Typically, a Junior Fellowship would start at the beginning of September but we have an additional opportunity available for an immediate start.
As well as offering a constructive and practical first step into the world of teaching, the scheme offers an all-encompassing experience of school life in an independent boarding school.
Outside of the classroom, Junior Fellows support one of our eleven boarding houses and get to know the boys in a different environment. Extra-curricular involvement will depend on expertise.
We have a vast range of sport and cultural activities taking place throughout the week, as well as an extensive trips programme during the holidays in the UK, Europe and further afield.
As a Junior Fellow at Winchester you will:
- teach your specialised subject on a reduced timetable
- observe a wide range of lessons
- offer individual support to pupils who require it
- regularly meet with your subject mentor who will provide feedback and help develop your knowledge of teaching
- enjoy a programme of continuous professional development
- have pastoral responsibility in one of our boarding houses
- participate fully in our co-curricular programme.
- the opportunity to learn in one of the world’s most respected schools
- the opportunity to work with able, articulate and enthusiastic pupils
- the opportunity to develop key skills and subject knowledge
- potential for accommodation to be provided
- all teaching staff are provided with a Microsoft Surface laptop
- generous pension scheme
- lunch and evening meals
- free membership to our sports and gym facility.
Many of our Graduate Trainees go on to complete their formal teacher training qualifications either by gaining a full-time post in the school, or by using the experience to secure a place on a recognised course elsewhere.
Further information about the school can be found at www.winchestercollege.org
For full details on the above post and to apply please click here.
Only applications completed on the school website will be accepted. Please attach a full CV and covering letter with your application.
Closing date: Monday 20 September 2021
Early applications are encouraged, and the school reserves the right to close the application process early should a suitable candidate be found.
Winchester College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This appointment will be conditional on successful pre-employment and DBS checks.
(No agencies please)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary School
- Boys school with students of age 13 - 18 years
Situated in Hampshire, Winchester College is an independent, secondary school for boys aged between 13 and 18. The school was founded in 1382 by the Bishop of Winchester, William of Wykeham. It was expanded in the 19th Century to accommodate the popu...