Repton School Dubai is seeking an outstanding Junior School Head of Music Teacher for August 2021.
The Head of Junior School Music will work in collaboration with the Senior School on a range of musical events throughout the academic year. They will be an innovative, highly motivated team player, confident in delivering a range of instrumental and singing lessons as well as liaising with the subject and year heads on cross-curriculum links in all years groups.
Our Students benefit from a wide range of opportunities
- Specialist music lessons from FS1&2 upwards
- Termly music concerts, events and recitals for all year groups
- Choirs for all levels as well as instrumental groups offered as ECAs
- External events including Choir fest and Dubai Opera
- Opportunities for one-to-one instrument lessons offered in school
- Collaboration with Senior School children and Foremarke School
About Repton School Dubai
Repton Dubai is a prominent international school in the heart of Dubai and one of the few schools in Dubai to boast an Outstanding rating from the Dubai Schools Inspection Board since 2014.
One of the few genuinely international schools in the Gulf Region, Repton Dubai combines the reputation and academic rigour of the UK curriculum, from infants and junior school through to IGCSE level in Year 11, and then embraces the challenges and opportunities of the International Diploma or IB in the Sixth Form.
Set in the largest, most spectacular school campus in the Middle-East, and almost uniquely in Dubai offering a dynamic boarding experience in addition to day school, Repton pupils from ages 3-18 benefit from facilities, resources and a classroom and sporting experience that is the envy of their peers.
Our mission is to promote excellence in every area of a child's and student's life at school, within and outside the classroom.
About the Department
This is a wonderful opportunity for the successful candidate to join a well-established team who have been recognised in our latest inspection as displaying outstanding pastoral care.
Successful candidates will:
- Hold B.Ed plus PGCE with appropriate specialism, or Bachelors in subject relevant to teaching specialism
- Have experience teaching in a UK setting or renowned British Curriculum / IB international school
- Be at least 24 years old
In return we offer:
- Generous basic salary commensurate with experience
- Generous leave entitlements
- Annual flight ticket, accommodation provided, and world class medical & healthcare benefits (subject to status)
- Full tuition fee remission in Repton School Dubai for candidates with dependents
The Repton Family of Schools is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All new staff will be subject to detailed and enhanced pre-employment clearance, including identity checks, criminal background checks for all countries lived in, qualification checks, employment checks to include an exploration of any gaps in employment, and satisfactory reference checks for all employment in the last 5 years.
Repton School - Dubai
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years