In partnership with Dulwich College and its eight sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia.
The College operates across the Star City and the Pun Hlaing campuses and is currently seeking a Junior School Co-ordinator to work in the Star City campus. The successful candidate will also be a classroom teacher in the Junior School age phase (Years 3-6).
Therefore, applications are invited from highly resourceful, collegially minded and forward-thinking practitioners who can demonstrate that they are:
• an experienced and inspiring educator with a proven track record of providing pedagogical leadership in the upper primary age range
• passionate about delivering a Junior School (Years 3-6) curriculum and co-curricular programme in a high-performing learning environment
• supportive of a child-centered approach to learning and have the ability to nurture high levels of student agency within a classroom setting
• experienced in delivering an evidence-based approach to education, using data to enhance student performance
• committed to pursuing an inquiry-based approach to learning
• experienced in adapting learning to ensure that it is inclusive and accessible for all, especially for EAL students
• committed to making a positive and proactive contribution to a young, maturing school based across two campuses
• eager to engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
At least 5 years teaching experience, with 2 years or more in a middle leadership position, is required, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes.
Teachers will receive an attractive salary and competitive overseas benefits package, which includes:
• annual flight allowance
• freight allowance
• comprehensive global medical insurance
• free tuition for up to two children at the school (Toddler to Y11 age)
• enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
To apply for this position please click on the 'apply on school website' button.
The closing date for the post is 16th February 2020.
Your application should include a brief cover letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online, via skype, or in Yangon from Monday 17th February onwards.
For further information, please see our websites at www.dulwich.org and Yangon.dulwich.org
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks and successful references.