Teacher of Year 4 or 5, full time
Location: South Manchester
Required September 2018.
Based in South Manchester, Withington Girls’ School is a leading independent day school for girls aged 7 to 18 in which some of the best academic results in the country are achieved within a lively, happy and caring environment. The school benefits from an enviable and accessible location as well as state of the art facilities. With outstanding extracurricular provision and innovative teaching, the Junior School continues to expand. Starting in September 2018, there will be two form entry in each year group and the School is looking forwards to this next exciting stage of its development. To the suitable candidate, the school offers a very supportive working environment and opportunities to develop professionally amongst a cohesive team of creative practitioners. Pupils are able to develop and thrive in a safe yet challenging environment, where all are valued and celebrated as individuals within the wider school community.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• The opportunity to join our outstanding school where public examination results consistently place Withington amongst the top twenty schools in the UK and as the best Independent School in the North West.
• A warm and friendly school where teachers are valued and given professional respect to develop their teaching approach methodologies.
• Colleagues eager to share passion and enthusiasm for learning and where the relationship between pupils and staff is a particular strength of the school.
• Keen, committed and very able students who are positive and active learners.
• A highly diverse environment where pupils come from a wide geographical area in and around Manchester and from many different social, cultural and religious backgrounds which is a defining feature of the school.
• A school environment with little need for formal rules: one which follows the concept of Respect for self, Respect for others and Responsibility for personal actions.
• Excellent facilities in new and refurbished buildings, including the latest resources to support learning.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
• A capable and highly enthusiastic teacher with excellent subject skills able to teach high ability pupils across KS2.
• The talent, interpersonal skills and range of teaching methods necessary to contribute to the success of the staff team.
• The willingness and ability to use a variety of teaching methods to suit pupils’ individual learning needs, selecting appropriate learning resources and embracing the use of new technology.
• A passion for teaching and learning that energises and inspires inquisitive young people and allows them to develop the skills and motivation needed for their future lives.
• Ability to work flexibly in a very dynamic environment.
• Commitment to contribute to the wider life of the school and be part of the excellent extra-curricular programme.
The successful applicant will be subject to appropriate child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date 12 noon on 19th March 2018. Interviews will be held on Friday 23rd March 2018.