Smart Teachers is recruiting for K-12 Teacher Librarian for a growing Independent and coeducational School located in South Western Sydney, New South Wales.
About the Role:
- K-12 Teacher Librarian
- Teaching across two–campus College - Years K – 3 on one campus and Year 4 to Year 12 located at another campus.
- Located in South Western Sydney, New South Wales
- Job Reference: #TES1711-522795SM
- Full-time and permanent role
- Position commencing January 2018
About the School:
- This school follows the Islamic faith. Applicants are not required to be of this faith; however, are expected to be supportive of the ethos.
- School values are respect, integrity, passion, humility and honesty.
- The College’s educational provision includes an exciting extra-curricular programme commencing from Kindergarten and spanning through to the High School. The students are afforded opportunities for leadership and decision making, and independent learning is fostered as our students develop.
- The College aims to involve families and the local community in the education of our children in an Australian context; to help students to develop a sense of their own cultural heritage while at the same time fostering an understanding and respect for other cultures and religions.
- The College is undergoing growth in its student enrolments, and its staffing requirements. The construction of our new building is now completed and is accommodating our students through to Year 12 ensuring that a modern, well-resourced teaching and learning environment is possible for the future.
- It is an exciting time to join the College as it continues to expand. There is a high level of commitment from the College Board and the community, and the vision for the school is rapidly being realised as it goes from strength to strength.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in South Western Sydney, New South Wales. It is a two–campus College with Years K – 3 on one campus and Year 4 to Year 12 located at another campus. The campuses are 3 kilometres (2 miles) apart. The school is approximately 17 kilometres (10 miles) south west of Sydney Central Business District. The area is distinctly but unofficially split into the north and the south. The southern parts of are serviced by a strip of local independent shops. The northern parts of are serviced by the amenities such as a Shopping Market Place. There are two major shopping centres close by in neighbouring suburbs. The suburb is not connected to a railway station, but is serviced by various bus and coach services that operate along the main roads and various smaller roads. Buses operate to and from neighbouring suburbs. The area has a range of private and government schools catering for Primary and Secondary students.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Hold a teaching qualification and/or be studying towards qualifications in teacher librarianship
- Have knowledge of library management systems
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in Secondary education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1711-522795SM
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).