Applications are invited for a K-6 School Counsellor – Psychologist role at an elite, Independent school, located on Sydney’s Upper North Shore. This leading Independent school caters for Kindergarten to Year 12. Students enjoy extensive curricular and co-curricular educational programs, advanced learning technology, outstanding facilities and extensive choices in the performing/visual arts, sporting and cultural arena. With a strong academic record and focus on each student as an individual, this school creates a caring, safe, stimulating environment that inspires a balanced educational experience.
About the Role:
• Full-time, permanent role commencing January 2021
• Supporting students in Kindergarten to Year 6
• Work in a team of six counsellors who support K-12 students
• Provide counselling services, support and education to enhance the social, emotional and educational needs of students, as well as providing information to support families and staff
• Applicants must have experience in providing psychological intervention for children, adolescents and their families within a systemic therapeutic paradigm
• Applicants must have experience working in a school or educational setting
• Must hold current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) registration
• Membership with professional bodies such as the Australian Psychological Society or other bodies is desirable
• Be suitably qualified with a Teaching Degree (qualification must be recognised in Australia)
• Be registered, or have the ability to be registered with New South Wales Education Standards Authority & Working with Children Check
• Provide current and relevant teaching references
• Have the right to work in Australia
Registering with Tes:
• Completely free service
• Gain access to exclusively listed positions
• Full disclosure on the role before your application goes to a school
• Smart is powered by Tes, the world’s largest education community that provides curriculum resources, career support and more!
Please reply to express interest. Due to time constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with more information.
Fast track your application:
• If you are in Australia or New Zealand, email your CV to Sandy, quoting job reference #TES2010-545554SL– email@example.com
• If you are currently overseas, email your CV to Sarah quoting job reference #TES2010-545554SD – Sarah.Devereux@tes.com
• To join our global education community, Click Apply now and you will also receive free access to the world’s largest education jobs database, curriculum resources, career support and much more!
Sydney's Upper North Shore